Audience expectation has shifted. Previously we were inclined to favour being entertained. Netflix does that! Now we are more interested in being challenged and provided with new approaches.
7 things to look for in hiring your next Keynote Speaker
- Before agreeing to be your conference speaker, your speaker will ask questions about the “listening stance” of the audience so that the speaker can be audience-appropriate to rapidly engage the audience.
- Your chosen speaker is a respected and internationally experienced speaker who can flex their communication style and be appropriate for your multicultural audience.
- Your speaker is not afraid to playfully challenge the audience to take action.
- Your speaker continually invests in growing their own speaking skills via membership of organisations such as Professional Speakers Australia.
- Your speaker will invite a participatory response from audience members within a few minutes of starting their presentation.
- Your speaker will, preferably, bring into the speaking setting, extensive experience in communicating with diverse audiences in South East Asia, East Africa, USA, Australasia?
- Your speaker will provide pre-conference material in a timely manner to assist you as conference organiser.
“At the Business Analysts Professional Day Taruni presented a new and refreshing approach for on-the-job stress management. The technology of the micro-practice as a way to renew and reboot during the workday is simple, easy to fit into my tight schedule and takes less than a minute. What’s not to like!"
Katya Orlovskaya, Data Governance Analyst at Cbus Super Fund 2017
"Nurse Managers want both clinical and communication professional development to keep them current and competent. Since April 2014, Taruni has been the speaker we always reach for when it comes to growing the intrapersonal and interpersonal communication skills of our delegates. Taruni rapidly engages delegates, she challenges, and she inspires with content that combines, in fresh and practical ways, the hard data of the neurosciences with emotional intelligence. The outcome for our clients is to feel refreshed, renewed, energised."
Zoe Youl, Event Education Conference Manager, Ausmed Education 2014-19
"Taruni has provided two presentations for our Toyota New Zealand HQ staff. The first was about working effectively with Japanese counterparts. The second presentations focused on practical ways to build moment- to-moment renewal within our work days. Both presentations were closely tied to our business values. Taruni has been the catalyst for us to build further knowledge, information and resources in this tow areas. I highly recommend her services to other’s wishing to connect more effectively with other people, and people from cultural backgrounds different to our own."